Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Japanese Imported Fabric!!!

Over the past year or so, I have become obsessed with Japanese imported fabric.  The quality of fabric is amazing, and the prints those Japanese come up with are too cute! It's not to say that American fabric isn't a quality product.  There is just something very special about the subject, humor, and cuteness of the fabric.

Recently, I took a trip to California to be in a wedding for one of my best friends.  I had a chance to really cut loose.  No kids or husband, but I digress.   When I visit California, I like to source fabrics with the other crafters in my family.  Namely, my sister, Jill and Mom.  My Auntie Susan was also visiting, so we all hopped in the van for an hour and half trip to the fabric store.  Superbuzzy is the name of the very special fabric store.  Like me, the owner and employees really appreciate the specialness of Japanese imported fabric.  I went absolutely nuts when I saw a Chinese inspired printed fabric.  Manufactured by Kokka, these killer fabrics reminded me of my childhood.  I used to eat these chewy candies wrapped in a clear edible paper.  I ate the wrapper and threw away the candy.  Anyhoo, the boxes these candies came in had Chinese characters on them.  I can't say for sure if they were Chinese, but, they were asian.

So, if you get a chance to visit Superbuzzy, they're located in Ventura, and worth the drive.  If you don't feel like driving, order from them online.  I live on Kaua'i, and have always got my order within a week.  www.superbuzzy.com.  Check them out!

                                                                  Entrance to store.
                                                                 Awesome selection!
                                                One of my many purchases at Superbuzzy.
                                                              I took these home too!

By the way, they definitely had fabrics I have never seen before.  Believe me when I say, I scour the internet for unusual and beautiful fabrics.  I'll post some projects made from these fabrics when I'm done.  8~)

2 comments:

  1. Woo! I got a shout out!

    Botan Candy! You can still get those edible rice candies. Except now you know that unless you want to keep your fillings where they are, maybe it's better to go for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the name! And yes, I have moved on to other little confections like macarons.

    ReplyDelete